- Saturday – July 24th, 2021, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (PST)
- Saturday – July 31st, 2021, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (PST)
- Saturday – August 7th, 2021, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (PST)
- Saturday – August 14th, 2021, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (PST)
The course will cover auditioning for comedies/sitcoms. Some areas of focus: how to mine a scene for its funny elements and discussion of different genres of comedy. Additionally, see how your personality and personal character traits can help your comedic approach to a scene. There will be ample time for discussion and questions.
The class will be structured as follows:
CLASS #1 AND #2
Cold reading for Feature and Co-star roles.
– Email blasts will be sent to the students during class (by TVI). *SEE NOTE BELOW
– Students have approximately 3-5 minutes to review sides before performing with a reader from class. Then the reader will take his/her turn with the same material.
*NOTE: REQUIREMENT FOR CLASSES 1 & 2: YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE TWO DEVICES BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED TO READ FROM ONE WHILE YOU’RE ON ZOOM WITH THE OTHER. OR YOU NEED TO HAVE A PRINTER AVAILABLE TO YOU DURING THE CLASS.
– Students will perform prepared Co-star or Guest Star scenes, provided by Deborah and distributed via email by TVI.