Below is Labor Code 1703. We are required to post it.
It outlines the cancellation policy.
Labor Code 1703;
1703. (a) Every contract and agreement between an artist and a talent service shall be in writing, in at least 10-point type, and contain all of the following provisions:
(1) The name, address, telephone number, fax number (if any), e-mail address (if any), and Internet Web site address (if any), of the talent service, the artist to whom services are to be provided, and the representative executing the contract on behalf of the talent service.
(2) A description of the services to be performed, a statement when those services are to be provided, and the duration of the contract.
(3) Evidence of compliance with applicable bonding requirements, including the name of the bonding company and the bond number, if any, and a statement that a bond in the amount of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) must be posted with the Labor Commissioner.
(4) The amount of any fees to be charged to or collected from, or on behalf of, the artist
(5) If you cancel your contract within 3 business days of purchase, all fees you have paid toward your membership will be refunded to you within 3 business days after delivery of the cancellation notice to the talent service “receiving the services, and the date or dates when those fees are required to be paid”.
You will pay in advance online via credit card (other payment provisions may be negotiated. Please contact TVI offices.) TVI Actors Studio is a talent training service. This is not a talent agency contract. Only a talent agent licensed pursuant to section 1700.5 of the labor code may engage in the occupation of procuring, offering, promising, or attempting to procure employment or engagements for an artist. TVI Actors Studio is prohibited by law from offering or attempting to obtain auditions or employment for you. It may only provide you with training. For more information, consult chapter 4.5 (commencing with section 1701) of part 6 of division 2 of the labor code. A dispute arising out of the performance of the contract by the talent service that is not resolved to the satisfaction of the artist should be referred to a local consumer affairs department or local law enforcement, as appropriate.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL: By paying with a credit card, and entering your address, name, and phone number, you have entered into a contract with TVI Actors Studio to provide you with the option for training at our facilities for one year. The first year membership is paid in one annual fee. Thereafter your membership fees are month to month with the ability to cancel 30 days prior to the next billing cycle. For purposes of this section, business days are Monday through Friday. You may NOT obtain a refund after the 3-day cancellation period described above (in paragraph 5 of section 1703 of Labor Code 4.5) has expired.
Each of our instructors are scheduled in advance. If instructors have to cancel you will be notified. TVI Actors Studio reserves the right to terminate membership at any time. By submitting information, the actor agrees to release TVI Actors Studio of any liability. For correspondence, we prefer that you call or email TVI. (818) 784-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Workshops/Classes are NOT job interviews. The presence of an industry professional is in no way a promise of employment. TVI Actors Studio does NOT attempt to procure employment for actors/artists-we are strictly for educational purposes.
Print this page for your records.