Talent Ventures of California, Inc.
dba TVI Actors Studio
Below is Labor Code 1703. We are required to post it.
It outlines the cancellation policy.
Labor Code 1703;
1703. (a) Every contract and agreement between an artist and a talent service shall be in writing, in at least 10-point type, and contain all of the following provisions:
(1) The name, address, telephone number, fax number (if any), e-mail address (if any), and Internet Web site address (if any), of the talent service, the artist to whom services are to be provided, and the representative executing the contract on behalf of the talent service.
(2) A description of the services to be performed, a statement when those services are to be provided, and the duration of the contract.
(3) Evidence of compliance with applicable bonding requirements, including the name of the bonding company and the bond number, if any, and a statement that a bond in the amount of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) must be posted with the Labor Commissioner.
(4) The amount of any fees to be charged to or collected from, or on behalf of, the artist
Class/Workshop Cancellation Policy:
(5) You are entitled to a full refund for any class or workshop ten (10) or more days prior to the first day of the class or workshop. You are entitled to a 50% refund four to nine (4-9) days prior to the first day of the class or workshop. There will be NO refund given for cancellations less than three days (72 hours) prior to the first day of the class or workshop. This applies to all classes and workshops. TVI Actors Studio reserves the right to delay the start of any class or workshop pursuant to the schedule of the instructor.
(5.1) Class deposits are non-refundable.
(6) Your space in a TVI workshop or class is NOT TRANSFERABLE without TVI Actors Studio approval. It is TVI Actors Studio prerogative to approve or not approve an actor to whom you might want to transfer your spot.
You will pay in advance online via credit card (other payment provisions may be negotiated. Please contact TVI offices.) TVI Actors Studio is a talent training service. This is not a talent agency contract. Only a talent agent licensed pursuant to section 1700.5 of the labor code may engage in the occupation of procuring, offering, promising or attempting to procure employment or engagements for an artist. TVI Actors Studio is prohibited by law from offering or attempting to obtain auditions or employment for you. It may only provide you with training. For more information, consult chapter 4.5 (commencing with section 1701) of part 6 of Division 2 of the labor code. A dispute arising out of the performance of the contract by the talent service that is not resolved to the satisfaction of the artist should be referred to a local consumer affairs department or local law enforcement, as appropriate.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL MEMBERSHIP:
By paying with a credit card, and entering your address, name, and phone number, you have entered into a contract with TVI Actors Studio to provide you with the option for training at our facilities or online via Zoom. For purposes of this section, business days are Monday through Friday. You may NOT obtain a refund after the 3-day cancellation period described above (in paragraph 5 of section 1703 of Labor Code 4.5) has expired.
Our instructors are scheduled in advance. If instructors have to cancel or delay the start of class you will be notified by email. By submitting information, the actor agrees to release TVI Actors Studio of any liability. For correspondence, we prefer that you call or email TVI at (818) 784-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Workshops/Classes are NOT job interviews. The presence of an industry professional is in no way a promise of employment. TVI Actors Studio does NOT attempt to procure employment for actors/artists-we are strictly for educational purposes.
Print this page for your records
TVI Actors Studio is a talent training service. Only a talent agent licensed pursuant to section 1700.5 of the labor code may engage in the occupation of procuring, offering, promising or attempting to procure employment or engagements for an artist. TVI Actors Studio is prohibited by law from offering or attempting to obtain auditions or employment for you. It may only provide you with training.
Bond # 5206442 SureTec Insurance Company.