With technology constantly evolving, so is the industry. Quite a few auditions are done through self-tapes. Actors are booking projects that they never went into the room for.
Here are some simple tips for self-taping:
- Make sure the quality is good (most cellphones have really good cameras.)
- Stand in front of a solid color wall.
- If you are talking to someone in a scene, find someone to read with you.
- Try to find a reader that is the other gender.
- Make sure the lighting is okay and that you can be seen.