“Cold Reading & Scene Study Mastery”
Focus on nailing the audition. Learn the intricate aspects of auditioning for different formats. Understanding how to prepare for a callback. What gets in the way of booking your callback. Preparing for industry meetings. Week Five will include a guest Theatrical Agent evaluating your prepared monologues.
Week 1 – Genre: ½ hour TV sitcom
Pre-Read – Cold reading
**discuss how to find/pick your monologue
How monologues represent you
Working on how to be ready for meetings
(*guest agent in Week Five) with your monologue
Week 2 – Genre: ½ hour TV sitcom
The Callback – Prepared cold reading scene (from “Week One”)
Week 3 – Genre: episodic drama
The “Pre-Read” – Cold reading
**Start preparing/discussing your monologue
Week 4: – Genre: episodic drama
The Callback – Prepared cold reading scene (from “Week Three”)
Week 5 – Guest Theatrical Talent Agent
Guest Theatrical Talent Agent – Monologue showcase and evaluation
Week 6 –
- Self-Tape Auditions – Creating an exceptional audition performance.
- What is required in your Self-Tape Audition?
- Virtual auditioning – Setting your virtual audition apart from other actors
What is expected
Preparing for Zora’s on-going class
(e.g., self-tape recording to view/critique in class)
Next 6-Week Session:
- Tuesday, February 23rd at 6:30 pm (pst)
- Tuesday, March 2nd at 6:30 pm (pst)
- Tuesday, March 9th at 6:30 pm (pst)
- Tuesday, March 16th at 6:30 pm (pst)
- Tuesday, March 23rd at 6:30 pm (pst)
- Tuesday, March 30th at 6:30 pm (pst)
Please Note: After the completion of this 6-week introductory course, Zora will be inviting handpicked actors to continue honing their craft in her Advanced Acting ongoing course.