“Sitcom Class” July 2021 Intensive with Deborah Barylski
Sitcoms with Emmy-Winning Casting Director Deborah Barylski
The course will cover auditioning for comedies/sitcoms. Some areas of focus: how to mine a scene for its funny elements and discussion of different genres of comedy. Additionally, see how your personality and personal character traits can help your comedic approach to a scene. There will be ample time for discussion and questions.
CLASS #1 & CLASS #2
*Note: Requirement for classes 1 & 2 – You will need to have two devices because you will need to read from one while you’re on zoom with the other. Or you need to have a printer available to you during the class.
– Cold reading for Feature and Co-star roles.
– Email blasts will be sent to the students during class (by TVI) *SEE NOTE ABOVE
– Students have approximately 3-5 minutes to review sides before performing with a reader from class. Then the reader will take his/her turn with the same material.
– Students will perform prepared Co-star or Guest Star scenes, provided by Deborah and distributed via email by TVI.
- Saturday – July 10th, 2021, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (PST)
- Saturday – July 17th, 2021, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (PST)
- Saturday – July 24th, 2021, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (PST)
- Saturday – July 31st, 2021, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (PST)
Please note: Actors must be at least 18 years old to enroll in this class. Previous acting training is also required. Course content is subject to change at the instructor’s discretion. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
For classes 1 & 2: You will need to have two devices because you will need to read from one while you’re on zoom with the other. Or you need to have a printer available to you during the class.
Upload your resume and headshots in advance of Class 1 (link for upload will be sent after purchase).