“EARNING MONEY IN TV COMMERCIALS”
CRUSHING YOUR COMPETITION
This is a deep dive into all areas of TV commercial auditions with quick insight given into tools, processes, and mindsets that actually nail auditions right now and can set you up to be the one who books in today’s rapidly and constantly changing world of commercial auditions, both those in person and more important than ever now, post-2020, those done through the new paradigm of self-tapes.
Vicki’s hands-on class attacks every current need of both the casting director and her advertising clients, stripping away outdated layers of “commercial acting” formulas in which actors get stuck and focusing on that which authentically brings out your believability, personality, and flexibility of performance, essentials in today’s fast-paced, unpredictable and if done correctly, very fun, casting environment.
Class material is pulled from Vicki’s thousands of casting sessions to date. Class outlines are subject to change, just like commercial auditions!
- On-camera Interviews.
- The elements of the commercial audition: how you look, talent, personality, and attitude contribute to your end result.
- Viewing audition videos through the eyes of the client, destroying the mystery of what they “want”.
- Magic tricks for instantly turning dialogue into the vehicle for your personality.
- One-Liners, one of the most common commercial auditions; but the one in which other actors choose to fall short.
- Full-length copy.
- Bringing improv into the audition.
- Riding the wave of when you inevitably screw up the dialogue.
- Copy as the company representative.
- Multi-person copy
- The magic of self-tapes.
- Directing yourself when apparently no one else is.
- “Improvised” auditions.
- Mindset reminders.
- In-depth Q&A with Vicki.
- Proactive marketing for 2021.
- Students’ pick based on their needs – we can revisit any of the above (or more!)
- Every commercial audition is a vehicle for your personality.
- In commercials, the character is you. Nobody does you better than you; heck, you’ve been doing it for 20, 30, 40+ years. Believe me, I know – I’m seen plenty of others try to do Vicki, and no one does it even remotely as well as me.
- In dialogue auditions, your screw-ups may be gifts from the gods.
- If you screw up, make-it-up. You’ll always find your way back to the copy, and no one will die.
Next 6-Week Session:
- Saturday – April 3rd, 2021, 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm (PST)
- Saturday – April 10th, 2021, 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm (PST)
- Saturday – April 17th, 2021, 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm (PST)
- Saturday – April 24th, 2020, 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm (PST)
- Saturday – May 1st, 2021, 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm (PST)
- Saturday – May 8th, 2021, 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm (PST)