One or Two-Week Young Actors Summer Camp; Ages 7 to 17
This two week day-course, geared toward young actors and their parents, offered in July and August, is approximately 60 hours of coursework. Actors will audition for casting directors from TV networks, film studios, commercial casting offices and Hollywood and New York TV/film/commercial agents:
• Sessions in audition skills, monologues, cold-readings, on camera technique
• Sessions in all genres of acting: film, sitcom, primetime tv, soap opera, musical theatre (New York only), cartoons & commercial voiceovers, stand-up, improv and commercials
• Business of Acting classes for parents and young actors
• One-on-one mock interviews with parent, young actor and top agent
• Guest speakers and panel discussions
• Photographer headshot evaluation and advice
• Personal counseling and strategy session with a TVI Consultant
• Final on-camera showcase performance critiqued by an agent and casting director
• Young actors and parents will learn practical skills on how to launch and maintain a successful career and be a professional working actor.
Faculty & Staff
The casting directors, agents, directors, producers and theater faculty selected to teach for TVI Actors Studio are working
industry professionals who provide a direct link to the realities of the industry. TVI's teachers and staff are experts in their
fields and have expertise in education as well as professional practice.
* This curriculum does not apply to the Non-Industry Course.